When considering a major home improvement such as replacing your existing vinyl siding with new exterior vinyl siding or new insulated vinyl siding you should consider all the facts. The comparison between exterior vinyl siding and insulated vinyl siding to other exterior cladding products may not be as apparent as you think. Some would like you to believe exterior vinyl siding and insulated vinyl siding fail in comparison to masonry products or fiber cement products, but their information is misleading and outdated. See the quick facts below to decide for yourself.
Today, exterior vinyl siding and insulated vinyl siding is the number one choice of exterior cladding across the United States and Canada. In fact, U.S. Census Bureau statistics show twice as many homeowners side their homes with exterior vinyl siding and insulated vinyl siding than with any other material. Exterior vinyl siding is available in a broad palette of colors, profiles and architectural trim to assist architects, builders and homeowners in customizing their new construction and renovation designs.
Exterior Vinyl Siding Quick Facts:
- Exterior vinyl siding offers attractive curb appeal to your home in a wide variety of colors.
- Exterior vinyl siding has durability for a lasting value.
- Exterior vinyl siding has versatility to suit any architectural style.
- Exterior vinyl siding has the lowest installed cost of all the major house siding materials.
Insulated Vinyl Siding Quick Facts:
- Backed by extruded polystyrene insulation, insulated vinyl siding improves the energy efficiency of homes by insulating continuously over framing where energy loss is greatest.
- Comprising up to a quarter of a home’s exterior, the wood studs of a traditionally insulated wood framed wall allow more energy to pass through. Insulated vinyl siding stops this “thermal bridging” process from happening and increases the overall thermal performance of your home.
- Green Building Products – There are Insulated Vinyl Siding products manufactured with 60 percent recycled content that includes post-consumer polystyrene.